Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Should I Set A Date?

The Feast was good. The sports were the best, but people already know that by now, I think. Volleyball was cool, but sadly people started dropping off my team. We started with six people, then kayla left, then Devan sprained his ankle and so we had to play diamond. Bruce Cook, me, Aaron, and Adam were able to pull it off and whooped the other team...sorry peoples, it's true. Warball was good as well, but a few people as well as myself think that Mr. Knowles was picking me out of a crowd to get out. Bleah.

One of the first days that I was at Fairwood, I was running down the Lodge stairs and decided to run through a puddle of water at the bottom of the staircase. I charged "through" it, but it turned out that it was no longer a puddle of water, but a puddle of ice. My legs crumpled and I skidded along the ground gracefully. I actually don't know if it was graceful...but I ended up with a pleasant quarter sized scrape which continues to drip blood for the next ten or fifteen minutes. My shoe is a testimony to that.

My favorite meeting was Uncle Neil's about Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah the Provider. He talked about how he meets all of our needs, no matter what they are, and that He'll fill us up to overflowing with what we need.

Well, here's an interesting story. I was playing warball up in the gym with steph and caleb. klara and steph and I had been trying to get Caleb to say something to me about getting married, because Klara had told me that the night before Caleb announced that he was going to marry me. here's the conversation:

Me- "I love you, Caleb."
Caleb- "I love you too, oh yeah, Cara, Will you marry me?"
Me- "We'll see."
"That means no." (SAd face here)
"WEll, how about you ask me again when you're sixteen?"
"AAw, I might forget by then. How about when I'm six?"
"Okay."

(meanwhile steph snickered in the background)

At dinner he came over to me and sat down next to me and started to whisper messages into my ear.

"Cara, I was too embarrassed up in the gym to tell you, but I think you're beautiful. And Cara, you're jazzy, you're really jazzy."
"Aww! THanks!"

Isn't that so sweet of him? I'm starting to consider his offer. Should I set up a date? Unfortunately, I don't like the idea of a really long engagement...and, well, a husband nine years old younger than me is not my ideal situtation. Sorry Caleb. Please, NOBODY break the news to him. I don't think anyone would, but i had to say it anyway cause it would just be too sad if someone did.

I've been obsessed with Ryan's new pc game. Spiderman 2. I just love spidey...now THAT'S who i'm going to marry! wait, did Mary Jane end up marrying him? oh well, i think he's already taken. (I've fought Doc Ock once so far...I won.)

It's getting late and I've had a cold, but it's been awesome to write again! It's almost like old times! I guess i'm not as into this blog thing as i was before. For a whle there i was writing every day. *sigh*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww! that's Caleb-he's so sweet!

Cara said...

awesome being with you too!

Anonymous said...

I found your xanga...<:>
HEY EVERYBODY~
go to bh's blog and leave a comment

Anonymous said...

why? he only wants people to comment, such a loser....not really.

Anonymous said...

That's a fairwood memo! Wow, ur already picking up guys! Luv ya!
-z

Anonymous said...

well, obviously someone likes my style. I've had thirty eight visitors in like five day's. And thats after not posting anything for a month! I myself know quite WHY people visit it...

Anonymous said...

i meant to add "I myself -DONT-know quite..."

Anonymous said...

:)