Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sad Story

I just remembered a story that distressed me very much, but which you may find funny:

One day mom discovered that we had run out of diapers (bad thing) and had me run out to the Rialta (our fam's RV) and see if we had any extras in there. I went out, and fortunately it wasn't winter but spring, and searched a few cabinets with no success. Finally, I sat down on the floor to open a cabinet that's under Duncan's seat. The way the handle works, you have to pull a little latch with your finger and it will open, but unfortunately it seemed to be annoyingly stuck. So, I pushed and pulled really hard at the same time, and *WHAM* the latch opened, my hand went down in the latch and got stuck, and the door shut again. I was mad. I couldn't pull my ifnger out, etiher, because when ipulled up all of the skin bunched up or something and prevented my release. I tried to pull and get it out for over fifteen minutes, but to no avail!! So I tried a few other things. I had a very limited supply of tools to get myself "unstuck." I tried cutting the thick plastic handle with scissors,but i only succeeded in creating small scratch marks. (remember people, itwas my right hand that was stuck--I'm right handed) I was getting desperate. There was no dish soap in reach to soap it with. I opened the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit and tried a few random thingsm but they didn't work. I tried writing a nte on a stray baby wipe and tucking it in my cat's collar who had sweetly visited me, but that didn't work. Finallym I heard Ryan come by. I yelleed to him to bring me a screw driver, and he did. So i unscrewed myself and brought it inside. Aaron had very little pity for me when i gasped with PAIN when he tried to pull it off. But he did have more pity later when he found out that i'd been stuck in the Rialta for TWO HOURS! We finally soaped it and after much more painful tugging it came off. The moral? There isn't one.

No comments: