Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Just Give It To The Dog, That'll Solve ALL Your Problems

I did another of my "seven hour babysitting specials" today. Fortunately Sydney's a good girl. Her friend (Annabelle) is a handful, however. She's continually doing something loud or active. Whenever you ask her to say please, she screams it in your ear, and then laughs her head off because it was the funniest thing she'd ever done. Robin left me alone with Sydney for the first time. She was letting Sydney get used to me, and she was having me come over while she was still there. It was a great idea. No seperation issues!!! Hooray!
I made Sydney's dinner. (chicken and rice), but Sydney wanted dry cereal. I comlied. She ate a bunch of it, and I used up the last of the milk serving her. I finally had her dinner plate prepared and I set it down in front of her. It was a great meal. But two year old's brains are somewhate twisted at times, and she decided she'd rather have more cereal. I answered her plea with a no, you have to eat your chicken first. She wouldn't do it, so it went down to only two pieced of chicken. Still, no. Eventually, I had to leave the room for a few seconds, and I came back to a guilty looking Sydney and a plate with no chicken. I was so pleased. I didn't catch on to the guilty look until later. I asked her if the chicken was yummy, and she sadly replied, "Sage grabbded it." I looked at her suspiciously and that's when the guiltiness started to appear noticable. Then, on a sudden whim, she picked up her plate (still loaded with rice and a little chicken) and set it on the ground right in front of the dog. She looked up at me with a challenge in her eye. I just ignored it and tried to pull the dog off the plate, not that I would make sydney eat it anyway, but I still tried. anyway, I coped with it in my own way. So, in this case, Sydney's problems were mostly solved by just giving it to the dog. She still didn't get cereal or ice cream...

No comments: