Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Old and Decrepit

When I'm old and decrepit just take me to New York and let me live there till the end of my days.

My my four days at New York were (what's a word that i haven't used recently...i've already done bliss, joy, awesome, cool?) ecstasy? you get the point.

My parents, Ian, Duncan, Ryan, and I left in the Rialta around twelve thirty on Friday. Bria and Aaron would follow later after Aaron had his piano lesson. I was looking forward to a nice long and relaxing ride....little did i know that it would be far from the ideal five hour trip. The first thing that went wrong was my Dad bringing his GPS. Two words describe what I thought when he stuck it in the door. Uh oh. And sure enough, we ended up disregarding all sensible directions and took some round-about route to Oneonta, which didn't work out. I won't go into all of the painful details, but I'll just say that we got stuck once, had to back down a mountain, got lost quite a few times, and reached the Holschers in a hunkin' six hours. But, at least we were there.

I was greeted at the door by Spiderman and Becca. (For those of you who do not know, Spiderman is NOT Peter Parker, but Caleb Holscher.) We unpacked, and I walked around the house and remembered what room was where and how to get around. Then we had Sabbath meeting and Sabbath Treat. Bria and Aaron reached the house an hour after we did, (and they left at two thirty)

I can't really remember tons and tons of stuff that we did, just a few things. I'll try to remember some of the most interesting.

On Saturday we went sledding. (Down the hill that Klara once told me took fifteen minjutes to get down, then corrected herself a year later and said five, and once again corrected herself a few years later and it turns out it takes thirty seconds to reach the bottom) Becca and Ruth have a couple very cool sleds, and Ruth and I were the fastest combination. Ryan mastered the snow board, we played snow tic-tac-toe, had snowball fights, etc.

I did the goats with Klara a few times because Katherine was sick. Each time Ben and Aaron devised evil plans to scare us. They succeeded, but it took a few tries! Once Klara and I sneaked around the back and after giving the goats their hay we peered through a crack in the wall and saw Bria, Aaron, andBen crouched around the barn door gesturing excitedly at eachother to remain quiet and as sneaky as possible. Then Klara made the sounds of a coyote and I made the sounds of a goat being eaten (not loverly noises) until the we couldn't any longer. We cracked ourselves up. After they managed to scare me the kids pretended to go in but really came out back and threw fire crackers. I threw a bucket of water at Ben....and only got his foot. How sad. Anyone wuld be frightened, though, if they heard Ben scream...not a pretty noise.

WE played Cranium, talked a ton, I got electricuted by a wire carrying a charge of 500 volts (long story), Ben almost had his soul stolen from him, Becca and Ruth got better from the chicken pox, Spiderman webbed a few people...we did lots of exciting stuff like that.

Oh, yeah. The ride home was smooth and fun and fast.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you exaggerate TONS and you sure dont make me sound too good in those exaggerations. I certainly didnt scream for one thing..

Anonymous said...

wish I coulda been there...

Aaron said...

Just to clear things up a bit, when Cara said Ben screamed she meant when he was scaring her, not the other way around. And he didn't scream when she got his foot wet.

Cara said...

right aaron

Anonymous said...

Thank you Aaron. We men must stick together.