Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Slippy, Slidy, Greasy Snow

It's pouring snow outside. WE've gotten another four or five+ inches today. It's all dry and soft and smooth, but it's enough to mess up the roads. Someone described them as "greasy" and that's just the perfect word. Ryan, my mom, and I left for MCMS (Manchester Community Music School) for Ryan's cello lesson and my flute lesson. We only got around two miles down the road when the all-wheel drive GMC Safari spun out of control. We went slipping and sliding along for over fifty feet, back and forth across both sides of the road. It wasn't that scary, but it was enough to put a cold feeling in my stomach. Mama decided to turn around and go home cause it was too dangerous to continue. We passed another all wheel drive vehicle that had gone off the road way into the snow just around the curve where we'd been sliding around. Good thing we'd gotten control and aren't stuck in a snowdrift right now!

Aaron's teeth are doing great. I can't wait until i get my wisdom teeth out! (NOT REALLY!) He's living on smoothies, shakes, gatorade, and ice cream at the moment. What a lucky dude. And absolutely no school for a week. Doctor's orders. How wonderful that sounds...

There are a couple of guys at my house today who are sanding and refinishing the wood floors in my house. It's all very noisy, with slightly dusty air, and an awful smell from the finish. I'm glad that it's not my job to do!

Cinderelle is coming along great! Em called yesterday and we talked about it for a long time. We came up with some awesome ideas for the prince and the fairy godmother etc. There's also gonna be a wicked cool twist that we're still working out. Don't be surprised if Cinderelle is in your library within a year! (Actually, do be.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dear cara,
that sounds sooo cool about your story! I really wanna read it sometime! maybe you should try publishing it! and yes, i love to make cakes and stuff like that, although i don't do it that often. lucky Aaron, getting to live on yummy things like ice cream! i wanna look at the cookbook you talked about in your comment to me.
love melody