Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Some Things Just Don't Work!

I found out last night that sometimes some things just don't work. For instance... well, the other night i was pleasantly getting ready for bed. I was in my pjs and was in the bathroom and had just brushed my teeth. i picked up my retainer and was putting it in, but it just wouldn't go in! i was starting to get mad when i looked at it closely...i realized that maybe my bottom retainer doesn't go on the top. yuppers, that's what i was doing. putting the bottom one on the top.

And then, the other day i was holding a cracker in one hand and my hair elastic in the other. I was talking to someone, and then i decided to take a bite of my cracker. figured out what happened yet? yup, i tried to eat my hair elastic. it just didn't feel right! slightly rubbery and dry....

And yet, another time, I was putting on a shoulder sweater. Have you ever noticed how one end of a shoulder sweater loooks just like the other? Well, I pulled it over my head and put my arms in the sleeves...again, it just didn't work. I'd gone in the wrong end! Haha, that was funny. Actually, i think that i've done that twice. I'd better think a little before i put that sweater on, next time.

About my day...I crammed all of the school in that i could this morning. (guess what? i had to have someone explain to me the other day that you don't say you cramped to get something done. you say crammed to get something done...wait, that doesn't sound right. i think i'm still confused...thanks anyway, person) I had to go babysitting around two, and i was going to be out until seven. I knew that i'd have to fit some flute practice in at night, too, and i wanted to go on the internet as well, so that's why i was working so hard on school.

babysitting was good...tiring, but good. Sydney had a friend over, Annabelle!!! isn't that the most amazing name? all i can think of when i hear that is Clarabelle, the awful cow in Walt Disney cartoons, and that makes me think of Elmer Fudd for some reason and that makes me think of...nevermind. we won't go there. Robin had the most amazing pizza for dinner. (I eat at their house cause i'm away so late) it was organic pizza with no sauce! but it was prolly the best pizza i've ever had. Annabelle didn't think so. She kept asking for Robin to put sauce on it, and then she gave everyother bite to the dog. She ended up eating like four pieces, which a lot for a small two-year-old. but when you think aout it, she really only had two! Sage (the dog) wasn't that hungry tonight, i think.

i had to play lots and lots of hide and seek with the girls. i tried not to let them disturb robin who was getting work done. i have counted to ten and/or twenty so many times today! ever noticed how kiddos like to skip six? one, two, three, four, five, seven, fourteen, fifteen, seventeen, etc.

i should stop for now, i have a devoted friend who's chattering away to me while i'm not even answering. she has to go in five minutes anyway, so i might make her "last moments" good ones! have a great night everybody!

3 comments:

brilynne said...

i have a blog!!!

as you may know, cooking a bar cookie at 400 instead of 325 doesn't work so well, either. love ya!!

Ben H said...

know the feeling

Unknown said...

You're right, some things just don't work out, like putting a cereal box in the fridge, or throwing a plate away.i have done both, but thankfully i discovered my mistakes!
love melody