Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Sheiks and Porshe Carreras

This blog thing is getting really popular. I'm so glad, gives me something to do on the internet! I've been pretty impressed so far with what people have been coming up with for blog names. right, ben? i love yours, bria...and yours too aaron, and of course steph and mel and lindsay and kim and kate...alrighty, i'll just say i like all your names. (actually, i named the last few cause i couldn't just name some! but ireally do like them!)

Wondering about the "Sheiks and Porshe Carreras" yet? Once my dad made up a limerick for me. he and I were trying to remember it this afternoon, but it took us a while to figure it out. Bria, do you remember? Here's what we came up with:

There once was a girl named Cara
She met a sheik that lived in Sahara
They got married one day
And after that they
Rode off in his new Porshe Carrera

something like that, at least. You don't get the right effect unless you sing it, though. And the effect's even better when you imagine if that really happened. Speaking of Porshes, do you say Porsha or Porsh? (i mean pronounce it that way?) i like Porsha, but my brothers and Daniel Adams would be very unhappy joes if i started saying it that way. I guess I'll humor them.

I was really tired today, so I decided to take one of my now-common naps. I had just gotten all snuggled when Nancy came in, and I had to jump up right away cause Seth was with her! He looked so good. I hadn't seen him for four years, since before he joined the army. We all had a great time sitting around, drinking coffee, and talking. We mostly talked about normal life, and how good it was to have Seth back. He's such an awesome guy...kept us laughing. :) Nancy couldn't stop laughing when she told how the other day he called her cause he'd locked himself out of the house. He was in his socks and didn't have a coat. I guess what happened was that the neighbor drove over and was going to call 911, cause he said that Nancy didn't have an older son who'd come back from the army. Seth was just kind of like, "oh." but he finally convinced the guy that he really was a Brown and then he called her, but she wouldn't drive the five minutes to unlock the door for him. She made him walk through the snow in socks...this is frustrating. stories are much less interesting when written than when they're told face to face. anyway, Nancy thought it was quite funny that he was a soldier and wouldn't walk in the snow. (he did have a cold) but this is getting dragged out...

went birthday shopping for aaron today. got some great things...

we went to the art store as well as a bunch of other places, and i got some drawing pencils. i need to fix up my Reagan picture, cause STeph wants me to take it to the youth weekend and it's a little rough. so i'll go over that tonight.

speakin go things to do tonight, i just fed ian and now i have to go and feed duncan. mama and daddy and aaron and ryan are all out righ tnow, so i guess i'd better get workin!
love you all!

3 comments:

brilynne said...

There once was a girl named Cara,
Who wandered around the Sahara,
She met a young sheik,
They were married that week,
And rode off in his new PorsChe Carrera. :-)

Unknown said...

haha that limerick is funny!
pleeeeeeease bring your reagan pic to the youth weekend! i wanna see it really bad!
love mel

Ben H said...

you like my name? how special