Saturday, April 09, 2005

Not On Yer Life

Just felt like saying that, actually quoting Aaron because he said that to me because I was terrorizing him and spraying him with scented water, and after he gave me a frustrated glance I pointed out that he had not said "please don't" and then he shot back and said that I hadn't said "may I?" so I asked him and he said, "Not on yer life!" The End

Wow, I feel like Victor Hugo or something. Wasn't he the person who wrote a twenty page sentence or something? It's really rather fun. I wonder if he managed it without run-ons....

Today was the norm. Basketball, reading, ice cream, basketball: 21, horse, one on one, sleeping, etc. A norm Saturday, at least. Ryan's getting wicked good at basketball. He has beat me in horse twice and almost in 21. Life is getting scary.

Yesterday Bria and I felt like going for a drive, so we jumped in the car and returned some stuff for Mom at Walmart. We stopped at a couple clothes stores, one of which is a second hand store with a weird lady who runs it. I was wearing my kind of crinkly, peasanty, green skirt, and there was this girl in the second hand store, who when I walked through the door promptly told me I had a "sick skirt." Ah, the utmost compliment. Doesn't it kind of weird you out how compliments and words can be just, well, freaky? Cool, dude, hot, sick, sweet, just how they're used. Everything eventually seems so cliche. I'll just say something classy like spiffy or snazzy or fun or something. I refuse to say sick!

4 comments:

Cara said...

lylas!

Claire said...

Cara, I LOVED your commentary on trendy expressions. Here's one that I have recently picked up at the Shelter, " Mad Chill." In fact, you can stick "Mad" in front of anything and you are instantly hip. Actually, things ( well, PEOPLE really) move so quickly at the Shelter that I honestly don't hear that one as much as I used to about a month ago...but it was pretty HOT for awhile! Hee hee! Keep up the good blogging!

Anonymous said...

Re: the 'sick skirt' episode..

How bizarre? Kind of like 'bad' I guess..

Anonymous said...

hi...
that was me...
didn't mean to be anonymous!!

love
karena