Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bubblin' Over

Those of you who have been lucky enough to come to my house and spend a night in our addition are probably acquainted with our jacuzzi bathtub. It's really deep, with jets that blow water, and it has a huge faucet.....etc. Anyway, a few times we accidentally put too much soap or shampoo in the bathwater. It actually doesn't really matter how much you put in, whether it's in your hair or a dollop on a toy boat, it will bubble up higher and higher. (with the jets running, I mean) I've had a few fun times making Duncan look like Santa Clause, and Ryan has gone in and scooped out suds to make himself look like an old geezer, too.

Today, the bathtub was filled quite high, the jets were running, and there happened to be some soap in the tub. THink you know what's going to happen? Okay, so Nancy and Ian were out on a car ride, Mom was upstairs, and the rest of us five kids were outside playing basketball. (Two on two, my team won. :D) I was getting Duncan ready to go outside, and I went into the hallway to get his boots, and as I leaned over I heard the sound of the jets running. Seemed like they'd been on for a while, so I meandered over to the bathroom. Once in the room, one gigantic "Holy Cow!!" pierced the air. The bath had bubbled over three feet out onto the floor, and had reached almost a towering foot above the level of the bath. I waded through the suds, swished around until I found the jet button, turned it off, and waded back out. I had forgotten to take off my flip-flops, so they were very greasy...

Our cat, Ketch, has been limping around on three paws for a day or two now. He was holding a front paw gingerly, and meowed whenever anyone tried to touch it. Finally, my mom took him to the vet today. Apparently, he got into a cat fight, and a bad infection set in. Poor kitty. He has to spend the night at the "hospital" while the people shave his paw and clean out the infection. Unfortunately, we were late with getting his rabies shot this year, so he may get rabies within six months. So, if you see foaming at the mouth and staggering around any time soon, stand your distance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh! I love soakin' in my grandparents'jac...oh forget it, I know I can't spell that word...but I've never had that happen to me!

ljm said...

Those crazy cats of ours--they cause way too much trouble...Hey, I'm glad to find your blog through Bria's. I knew you had one but couldn't access it before...

Claire said...

I smiled when you said that a Holy Cow pierced the air because it implanted a funny image in my mind....of a haloed bovine appearing out of nowhere, horns first. Although, I suppose, that would be a Holy Bull...and I don't know if there IS such a thing.

And by the way, I like your profile! Very astute and profound and witty. Wish I'd thought of it first.