Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Dronings of My Brother

I'm sitting here in my room listening to Aaron downstairs droning on about the unfairness of not being able to make cookies when one wishes. But it isn't just simple "droning," he created a speech, wrote a bill, had it signed, and presented it to my mom. What cleverness. I think that I would really hate writing a bill...I'm afraid I'd be a lousy senator.

I have been doing simply tons of reading recently. I think that I have madly devoured eight books in seven days. The drought of no reading (for me at least) has ended! I used to be quite the avid reader, but I stopped that delightful habit last summer and didn't pick up more than five books in something like half a year. And then I had to get some books to read for school, (Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, Kim, The Jungle Book, The Time Machine, War of the Worlds, etc) and so I went to the library for the first time in what seemed forever. There were some surprises there for me. The books had been rearranged, there were many, many new books, the skinniest librarian is now plump, they have a larger and better collection of movies, etc. I quickly picked fourteen books off the shelves at my last visit, (yesterday) and have finished two....

*Sigh*...I love this blogging. I don't know what I'd do if there weren't a few interesting blogs. Probably not even bother to go online at all. For a while there I was getting tired of the whole world of blogging, but recently my interest has been renewed, and although this is not one of my most interesting posts, and you might not have known just to read it, I am happily revived.

OOOOOOOOOOOH! I just was looking up something in the dictionary and the most pleasant word popped out and stuck itself in my face. As a matter of fact, quite a few fun and interesting words have come to my interest:
razzmatazz-just saw that one
mellifluous
zephyr
atavistic
pulchritudinous....

I'm being paged...(to go do a frustrating and simple task of throwing together a salad.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no worries...

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara!

Hope you are all over the flu now...
love,
Karena

Anonymous said...

I just bought a 700something page book-it's really good, but it's taking forever to read!!

Amy said...

I Love the word pulchritudinous!!!! It's one of my favorite long words! It's really fun to tell someone that they are very pulchritudinous, or that they have a lot of pulchritude, and see the expression on the face :-P