Monday, May 30, 2005

Cape Cod AND Bust

I just read Aaron's post about our unfortunate events. Unfortunate events indeed. However, he forgot to mention one. When the AAA guy finally picked our car up and headed back towards the Citgo station in asthma, (spell check...really Eastham) we realized that we didn't want the bikes to be left overnight at the station. (so far, what we had heard about the station didn't sound too promising. When Mom first called the people they told us just to leave the keys in the car and they'd pick it up during their night shift. She mentioned that there were bikes on the car, and she said, "oh, just leave the bikes there, we'll take them!" right. Then the lady said, "are they nice bikes?" no she didn't really say that, but she sounded very much like she was planning to organize some dirty work in the pilfering/stealing line.) Anyway, we four kids biked to the cottage. And right when we got there we noticed mom, Karen, and Nancy all clustered around something on the wall. They were also doing some strange actions such as jumping up and down, holding their ears, and poking the wall thing with furrowed eyebrows. Turns out that they set off the alarm when they were getting into the house. They were trying to punch in the correct code or something. They called some one who told them to do something and they managed to get it turned off before the rest of us got into the house. But the police had to follow up the alarm, and two polite but serious police guys showed up a few minutes later. It amused Nancy and I to see that the strange lumps in their shirts were bullet proof vests. Ha. We dangerous burglars we.

We have been having a grand time with Frisbee, swimming, tanning...You know what people do at a beach. Today we walked out to the end of the sandbars and found an eight foot stick and promptly "planted" it in the ground to see if it could withstand the onslaught of the coming tide. But then two party poopers, so to speak, walked out and dragged it back in to shore.

Bria and I went for a walk this evening and worked on skipping stones. I was doing quite well (at least I thought so), with an average of three skips and Bria having two. But then I found out that she counts how many times the stone's in the air, while I count how many dimples in the water it makes. Anyway, I did get four skips once...My skipping stone skills are getting quite good. Maybe I should look into it as a profession!

hmm, how interesting is it for people to read about my vacation. Well, whether it is or not, you guys are so missing out on being at the beach! What a compassionate person I am!!

Alex has a skim board, which I tried my "hand" at this afternoon. Ha. It looked easy! I sent it flying, and confidently, cockily chased it, then jumped on it, and promptly flipped into the air and landed on my side. Next try I managed a distance of three inches....

2 comments:

wideyed said...

sigh--sounds like a grand old time...wish I could be there!

Booker said...

Nice Pix nika! Lost rocks.

Now to the actual blog. Hmm, burglars indeed. I always knew your dad had something fishy going on with those alarms at the office; he was training you guys, wasn't he? Admit it...