Monday, August 28, 2006

Yellow


I've changed my mind. I'm going to do color week! Or at least yellow day...

A few random "yellow quotes" for your enjoyment.

Yellow usually means it's not that serious.
Bobby Unser

I'm frightened of eggs, worse than frightened, they revolt me. That white round thing without any holes have you ever seen anything more revolting than an egg yolk breaking and spilling its yellow liquid? Blood is jolly, red. But egg yolk is yellow, revolting. I've never tasted it.
Alfred Hitchcock

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
Pablo Picasso

There is no blue without yellow and without orange.
Vincent Van Gogh

(The Alfred Hitchcock quote is my favorite...)

What a horrible thing yellow is.
Edgar Degas

How lovely yellow is! It stands for the sun.
Vincent Van Gogh

6 comments:

lis said...

This is my favorite yellow pic of them all! :O)

ljm said...

yeah, I'm glad you changed your mind. I thought about doing some yellow quotes but was a little too lazy....awesome picture!

Claire said...

Way to go, Cara! Glad you joined. Now I'm really curious to know what your picture IS! And i LOVED the quotes too!

Cara said...

It's a picture of me twirling in a yellow skirt, or rather a picture of a yellow skirt being twirled. Man, did I get dizzy. I twirled and twirled and took picture after picture. I felt pretty sick by the time I was done. I guess it was good practice for Who-Can-Stay-Up-the-Longest!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

ryc-Thanks you! I like cars too. I must confess they are not my pics but Ol' 'Lanche insisited they be posted... ...I like your twirly yellow. Now go for the green!!! 8~)

pennyjean said...

I LOVE your picture!