Friday, June 16, 2006

Update

Vacation was wonderful. It was glorious to bask in the sun, not worry about school, run around playing and being crazy, and to just relax. Hurray for the summer.

I came home to a very different house and room. My walls are now a beautiful red, instead of the flowered wallpaper they were a few weeks ago. I have wood floor instead of rug, and that is perhaps the greatest blessing. I am very very hard on clothes, furniture, and things like that. My rug was well worn and had definitely payed for itself, but it was looking very sad and sorry. I also got a fan/light fixture installed. Three cheers for home improvements! Maybe I'll post pictures later.

I was gone the last few days to one of my favorite places. I had a wonderful visit with some of my favorite people. Thanks to the Holschers for a lovely relaxing time at their house.

Since War and Peace, I have read two Lemony Snicket books (I figured I had to read them sometime.), and half an Alistair MacLean. My reading skills are almost completely exhausted. However, I have the whole summer ahead to enrich my mind and vocabulary with other great literature.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Red is one of my favorite colors! And wood floors rock, although mine creaks like you wouldn't believe.

wideyed said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Send me pics of your red walls! (or better yet, bring the pictures to girl's week, so everyone can see them)
.................................
:D for Lemony Snickett! I've read them all...except #13, which will be the last, and has not come out yet. You should read his autobiography sometime...oddness itself.