Sunday, June 18, 2006

In Which I Reduce My Body To Charred Remains...Almost

Today I was going to make chicken on the grill. I went out side, turned the propane on, opened the valves, and lit a match to light it. (The bottom of the grill is so full of charred remains of meat; it's too clogged or something.) Anyway, the match wouldn't light right away. I got it on the third try. Third try is the charm, right? I hate that saying... I tossed the match into the grill and WHOOMPH! A gargantuan amount of flame flew into my face. I shielded my face with my arm and stepped backwards. After the flames died down in about one nanosecond, I quickly checked my hair to make sure it was still there. It was. But then I smelled the stench of frizzled and fried hair. All the eensy weensy hairs on my arm are reduced to a half a millimeter. My mom told me to pray next time I start the grill. The End.

4 comments:

ljm said...

Yikes! I am always scared of that happening when I light our grill. Glad you didn't lose your hair!

ethan demme said...

yay for fire :-)

done that before

Claire said...

Hee hee hee! I thought you were going to tell us that your eyebrows got singed off and now you have to pencil them on like an old lady. :)

You're a brave gargoyle. I won't go near grills.

Booker said...

ryc-don't get me wrong, I believe in safety gear too. But I also believe in freedom :-)

now, if I had a family, that would be a completely different matter...