Sunday, August 28, 2005

Softball Pirouettes

Today we had a church picnic. It started with a loverly game of a trivia thing, and then there was food and all that jazz, and then the fateful softball game I'm here to tell you about. I was so absolutely determined to hit the ball out of this world. The ground was quite wet, and to my ABSOLUTE embarrassment, I swung mightily and twirled around all the way on my toes and gracefully (so I've been told by a few people) flopped to the ground. I sat there for like one second and was so incredibly embarrassed. but then I got up. I couldn't hit the ball for like TEN pitches after that. Oh joy I felt stupid. And then I hit it badly and dad caught it. Here's where I say a bad word. Next time up to bat practically all the people who knew anything about softball and baseball were giving me millions of tips on how to connect the bat with the ball. I swung again, and fortunately I didn't pirouette that time.

Someone came over to me later, and said they'd heard all about my twirling fall. She said she'd wished she'd seen it, and that someone had gotten it on a camcorder and then she could send it to Funniest Home Videos. Haha-*sarcastic laughter*. But then I re-enacted it for her. So all was fun and it was a good day.

3 comments:

Booker said...

One more reason I don't play:
the potentiality for embarrassment is very great...

Booker said...

Nice color change by the way...

KW said...

Love your pink!