Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dreams of Wandering

I don't need a new beginning...I need an easier way to carry-on! I want to hit the ground running. No that's not true. I want to hit the ground walking. I want to walk and meander down streets and through towns and cities and meet new people and smell different air and experience different cultures and smile at strangers' little children. I want a sense of newness...of life foreign to me. I want to be out of my comfort zone but not too uncomfortable. I want to be on edge, but not over the edge. It's rather exciting actually, the thought of packing a backpack and then just walking. I think it would do my soul good. Bring a Bible, a book, a toothbrush... And roam the country. I would love to do that. I don't think I would get far on my own...I like to be in contact with people. I just enjoy things better when there's someone to share it all with. But the main attraction is just the freshness of life. The unknown is drawing me. I want to explore, to travel, to see the things I've never seen...only heard of. One day. One day I will run to my car and jump in it, start the ignition and drive drive drive to never never land.

I wonder how long never never land will wait for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will go with you. I have such a yearning to travel...I think it would be so wonderful to go to far-off places and see the beauty of the wilderness and the cobblestone streets of the cities, meet new people, see new sights, hear new sounds...

I hope your dreams are fulfilled someday. I love you. :)

Claire said...

How about visiting us along the way? We'd love to have you!

Susan Elizabeth said...

She's BAACCK! Wow! Talk about a hiatus!
Thanks for the post, Cara...just don't wander off too far from home...and if Melody goes with, take care of her!

~jenna said...

and oh the things you will see, it is wonderful out there! can't wait to read all about your adventures ;) love you cara!