Saturday, February 10, 2007

"Guess Who?"--A Walk Down Memory Lane


When I was pretty little, my mom would send the majority of her kids to a friend's house. Those were GOOD times. It's funny how something you loved doing years ago can stick in your head. I can smell the scent of their house (you know how every house seems to have its own smell, that's another topic for another day.) just by thinking about being there. I remember crawling in the coolest game closet in the world, singing "And the Caissons go rolling along..." at the top of our lungs, and being reprimanded for playing with the cannon. Here's the dead give-away: we loved to read Tintin when we were there, in fact, that was quite possibly the main attraction of the house at the time. Speaking of the house, we're not sure where this picture is taken, so brownie points for the people who figure it out. Actually, this is a pretty easy guessing game. So, with all this information, who are the people in the picture?


Now, guess who this is!

14 comments:

KJ said...

OH MY GOODNESS! What a blast from the past! OOooh... such memories! That couch. My knee socks. That robot game thing on the coffee table. My word... good times indeed! :)

It's our Main House apartment with Aaron, Me, Ian, Bria and Andrea!

And my guess is that the baby is Ryan that you're holding.

Aaron said...

Oh, good! That's where I guessed it was! And, yes, those times were very good. :)

Great pictures, Cara!

Booker said...

that first picture was hilarious! :-)

Blue Knight said...

Too me that doesn't seem all that long ago, although I wasn't there.

This reminds me of a snapshot in my memory in which Kj was bouncing down the stairs to the main hall. She was very little and appeared to have a great sensing of her own importance in the eyes of all who might have the fortunate chance to know her. Of course this is probably a one sided impression. That's never happened to any one else.

I looked up at her and she at me. She smiled, I smiled and I not wanting to fuel lofty thoughts of too great a height I said in a stolid demeanor, "Kimberly, I like you. Don't let it go to your head." It really was funny. I guess you had to be there :o)

Claire said...

What great pictures! I knew exactly where it was when I saw that first one...

I'm not sure about the second picture. Whoever it is looks very familiar...is it you?

Unknown said...

Those pictures are awesome! I'm guessing that in the second picture it's either Bria holding Aaron or Cara. Maybe Ryan. Or you holding Ryan. I don't know!

Cara said...

Most of you have figured it out, but just for clarification, it is Andrea, KJ, Bria, Aaron, and Ian in the top picture. The second picture is of me holding Ryan.

~jenna said...

ahhhhhh, love these!!!

drewey fern said...

Good heavens, what is that HAIR?! What am I, a child of the 80's?!?! Oh. Ya. I am:)

Those were indeed good times - I loved it when you guys came over!

TripleNine said...

Wouldn't playing with the cannon be a bit more of a give away than reading tintin books? Anyway quite the funny pics.

Anonymous said...

cara, you are such a little cutie! omw! i love that last pic!

Kayla said...

I think TinTin books were the dead give away. Of course that family and those book go hand in hand! Ah, good memories.

And by the way you're super cute.

lis said...

I LOVED this post!

It took me a minute to recognize Andrea, but there was no mistaking that Cara girl! :O)

brilynne said...

Good times. I remember Andrea attempting to give KJ a spanking in the "game" of house we were playing. She was not amused.

I don't remember any cannon...am I crazy?